Considering a Ph.D. Degree? Ask yourself these six questions:
1. Do I have a deep love for my chosen subject that will carry me through inevitable setbacks?
2. Am I intellectually curious – the sort of person who needs to know how things work, why they don’t work and how to make things better?
3. Am I comfortable marshaling arguments and defending my position and using critique to push myself to improve?
4. Can I work independently – but also in teams – to get things done?
5. Can I delay gratification for several years while classmates are getting well-paid jobs (with the payoff being that not only will I likely end up with a career that is more intellectually satisfying, but in the end I’ll make more money over my lifetime)?
6. Do I want to make the sorts of contributions that go well beyond individual interactions, even if the ultimate impact of my work may take years to recognize?
If you answered “yes” to all questions, we will be happy to discuss you joining the LESC group at UC San Diego!
Considering a Postdoctoral Position? Please consider the quote below:
We are seeking highly motivated postdoctoral researchers to join the LESC team at the Pritzker School of molecular engineering, University of Chicago. The successful candidates will work on the development and characterization of anode materials with different advanced characterizations.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with different characterization techniques. FIB, TEM, and chromatography are highly preferable.
- Strong background in battery anode material research.
- Proven record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
We offer access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. The postdoc will have the opportunity to work with a team of interdisciplinary researchers in a vibrant and supportive research environment.
To apply, please submit a CV, and a cover letter describing your research experience and interests to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Nothing Is Impossible. Impossible Only Takes Longer Time.
True Or False?
If you answered “true” to this question, we will be happy to discuss you joining the LESC group at UC San Diego!
Faculty Assistant Position (Part-time/Full-time)
Our Faculty Assistant at LESC will provide support to Prof. Shirley Meng as well as perform selected administrative tasks for the LESC group. This role is very versatile and dependent on the skillset and personality you bring to the group.
– Administrative support including: coordinating meeting schedules, preparing paperwork and manuscripts, planning events, making travel arrangements (after travel restriction is lifted), etc.
– Acting as a professional and responsive liaison between Shirley, postdocs, graduate and undergraduate students, other professors and staff, and our industry collaborators.
– Assisting with selected LESC projects given your own expertise, e.g., editorial, scientific, creative, organizational.
What you will bring:
– Ability to prioritize, handle stress, and work independently.
– Attention to detail and excellent follow through on tasks.
– Great verbal and written communication skills.
– Am I comfortable marshaling arguments and defending my position and using critique to push my Am I intellectually curious – the sort of person who needs to know how things work, why they don’t work and how to make things better?
– Scientific background isn’t required, but interest in energy storage research is greatly recommended 🙂
Interested in working with the world’s leading professor and group in energy storage research? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.